Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

At least for today, life is good

08/29/08

Life? Yeah, life is good. J

I woke up my oldest son this morning and took him to school. Along the way we fell into a comfortable silence while he ate his doughnut and I drank my latte. Finally, just before we pulled into the drop-off line, he looked over at me and said, "Well, I'll miss you today Mom." I smiled back at him and said in my best cheerful-but-not-fake-voice, "I'll miss you today too, buddy. But I'll be back before you know it to pick you up!" As he got out, I told him goodbye and that I love him. And then I said a silent prayer for him as I do every morning when I pull out of the parking lot.

Then I came home and got back into bed and snuggled up next to my youngest son, who said in a sleep-slurred voice, "Goo' mownin' Mommy" Just before he turned over and slung his leg up over mine & went back to sleep. Just having the ability to lay there watching him sleep… unhurried, no worries… was priceless.

Ok, so the house isn't "clean" per se, but at least it's not filthy like the "How Clean is Your House?" houses; but anyone except Kim & Aggie could come over and it wouldn't be too terrible. Just leave your white gloves at the door.

And yes, there is a perpetual mound of laundry just waiting to be washed, folded or put away. Yeah, "mound" is an appropriate term here. We have too many clothes, I think.
And yes, the sink has dishes in it and the dishwasher has dishes in it; but at least they're clean!
The floor needs to be mopped, the bathrooms cleaned… but today is a good day. Life is good. We're all healthy, we're happy, and we're getting ready to go on vacation. Granted, it's with the in-laws, but it IS a vacation. LOL
So, for today at least, life is good. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!