Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sweetness

Original Post 02/14/09
(There is no hidden reason behind my posting the following passage. I simply found it in a book I was reading recently.)

It's not fiction from a trashy romance novel. This was written in a love letter that was found in the pocket of a soldier who was mortally wounded on a battlefield during the Civil War. He must have known he was going to die and wanted his sweetheart to know how much be loved her and that his last thoughts were of her.

Would that everyone could all find love like this, the world would indeed be a far sweeter place to be.

"If I do not return, my dearest, never forget how much I love you, nor that when my last breath escapes me, it shall whisper your name. But, oh, my darling! If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they love, I shall always be with you in the brightest of days and in the darkest of nights. Always. Always. And when the soft breeze fans your cheek, it shall be my breath; and as the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall by my spirit passing by. Darling, do not mourn me: Think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!