Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

At least he remembered

Original Post- 04/20/09
This morning after I dropped Daniel off at school, I came back home and got back into bed to snuggle with Christopher. I drifted off a bit and woke up again to find him climbing back into bed with me. I asked him where he’d gone and he said he’d been to the bathroom.
I reached for him and snuggled up next to him while he explained to me what he wanted to do today. We lay there for 20 or so minutes talking about picnics, cupcakes, “SpongeBob” and the rain. Several times while we were talking, he leaned over and grabbed my cheeks with his little hands. I think he does it to make sure he has my attention. He usually gives me “wow-wee!” kisses or butterfly kisses, or Eskimo kisses, or he puts his forehead to mine and stares at me, or he traces the outline of my face like he’s memorizing it. It’s really very sweet and priceless to me and I cherish every time he does it. This morning was no different, he’d been tracing my face and moving my lips into fish-puckers when he abruptly stopped and his eyes went wide like he’d suddenly remembered something. I asked what was wrong and he replied, “I be right back!” He got up and went to the bathroom and washed his hands. When he came back to bed I asked him why he went to wash his hands and he replied, “’Cause I forgot to do it before when I peed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!