Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why Don't They Make Lizard-Flavored Catfood?

Original Post- 04/20/09

A couple days ago when the weather was really nice, Dan opened up the windows in the house; and a lizard that had been between the screen and the glass came into the house. Which, as we all know, is Murphy's Law where opening your windows on a nice day is concerned.
"Eh, it's no big deal!" I remember thinking. "The cat will catch it and I won't have to worry about it." This is such a common occurrence in my house that I really didn't give it another thought.
So you can imagine my surprise when I found the lizard in a large Solo cup on the kitchen floor near Lucy's food bowl. I asked Dan if he'd put it there, but he hadn't and I know neither one of the boys caught it and put it into a cup. So it had to have been Lucy.
The Solo cup is what we use to dip her food out of the large bag in the garage and one of the kids must have left it there after they fed her. Makes me wonder if it was a gift to me, or maybe she'd put it there to eat later? Or perhaps it was her way of hinting to me that she'd really rather have something other than Friskies 'seafood-medley' flavored cat food? Either way, beware felines bearing gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!