Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beneficent... is that really a word?

01/16/08
Just to update you all, Daniel's tooth came out this morning! I knew it was just a matter of getting him to eat something thick or hard to chew. So I took him to McDonald's this morning for a McGriddle. It did the trick!
He's told everyone he's seen, including the server at Chili's, that he lost his tooth this morning. He couldn't wait to put it under his pillow tonight.
His Aunt Maureen sent him a tooth-shaped pillow named "Toofie" when he was about 6 months old. It's got a little pocket on the back so you can put your tooth in it. So before he went to bed, he tucked his little tooth into Toofie's pocket and stuck it under his pillow. The Tooth Fairy, beneficent creature she is, will be leaving $5.00 of gold Sacagawea dollars in place of the tooth.
What's that you say? I hear you... "OMG, the Tooth Fairy is leaving him FIVE bucks?! Man, I feel cheated! I only got a (insert minute monetary value here) when I was a kid!!!"
Well, let me explain:
I thought a gold Sacagawea dollar coin would be a grand prize to receive. Silly me, what was I thinking? I've now been reminded that the going price for a tooth back in the 40's was only a nickel. By the 50's and 60's it was up to a whole quarter. It had increased to about a dollar by the 70's. Due to inflation, baby teeth are now worth at least $5.00, if not more, depending on the size of said tooth. He's got 19 more teeth to go, so assuming my math is correct, that's $95.00. Kid's got some expensive teeth!
I just hope he doesn't decide it could be a lucrative money-making venture and start pulling his teeth out to make $5.00 each time. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!