Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's...uhm...well, it's no longer with us

10/15/07
It's official: I've killed another plant. After a valiant struggle on my part, my Venus Fly Trap is dead. I'm talking black, dried-up, no-chance-it's-just-hibernating; DEAD. I'm not exactly surprised, since I've been known to kill cactii and aloe. Who the heck can't grow aloe for goodness sake?

Geez... what is up with my black thumb that I seem to have? My M-I-L says I don't care enough about them. I really don't think that's it. I watered it, fed it, gave it sunlight... heck, I even talked to it. (But please don't tell anyone I admitted that.) I think plants just really don't like me. I caught this one flies and fed it water from the fish tank. You'd think that'd be enough. Maybe I care about them too much and over do it? I really don't know.

Oh well. I think silk may be the way to go for me from now on. Do not be surprised if you come over and see foliage of the faux variety all around. It's for the best... really.

Did you hear that? It was all of the plants around the world heaving a collective sigh of relief. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!