Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Old Like Me

02/12/07
This morning while taking Daniel to school, I pulled through the drive-through at the local coffee house for a latte. Daniel and I were making small-talk about the weather and the birds and such, when I asked him if he wanted a sip of my coffee.

He said, "No, Mom, I don't like coffee, remember?"

I said, "Are you sure? This is really sweet, you might like it."

He insisted that he didn't like coffee and said that he'd learn to drink it when he got older. Then he added in a very matter-of-fact tone, "You know, old like you Mommy. You're almost as old as Grandma, you know. And she drinks coffee too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!