Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Say what you mean please

11/21/07
Reference: In our house, boys have a "pee-pee" (aka penis) and girls have a "pookie." Don't ask why we call them this, we just do.

Also- Christopher's car seat isn't one of the typical ones with just straps, it has a bar of sorts that comes down over his head and forms sort of a tray in front of him. It's slightly reminiscent of pulling down the bar over your shoulders and chest when you strap in for a roller coaster that goes upside-down. Click here to see what I mean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, a couple days ago when we were on the way home Christopher announced, "I got to pee-pee Mom!" Since we were nearly home, I asked him if he could "hold it for a minute till we get home?" He said he could, so I reiterated, "Ok, buddy, just 'hold it' for a minute... we're almost home."

A minute or two later, I heard him making grunting noises sounding like he was struggling with something. I glanced in the kid-mirror and saw him trying his best to maneuver his little arm comfortably around the lap tray/bar thing on his carseat, because his hand was in his jeans. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was "trying to hold my pee-pee Mom!"

Guess I should say what I mean next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!