Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thinking Outside the Hourglass

12/20/07
Last night, the boys and I watched "The Wizard of Oz." Daniel, with his critical analysis of everything, was watching quite intently. He'd commented here and there on the film flubs and the general silliness. For example, he thinks the Munchkins are "goobs" and wanted to know how he was "supposed to take them seriously with voices like that?" I couldn't help but giggle.

Anyway, when it got to the part where Dorothy is locked in the Witch's tower and the Witch holds up the hourglass with the red sand and says,

"You see that? That's how much longer you've got to be alive. And it isn't long, my pretty, it isn't long. I can't wait forever to get those shoes!"

Daniel looks over at me with what I can only describe as an incredulous look on his face and goes, "Uh, Mom, why doesn't Dorothy just turn the hourglass back over? Or she could even turn it on it's side to keep the sand from falling. She's not very smart is she, Mom?"

/swells with pride- That's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!