Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Now why didn't I think of that?

05/08/07
Recently, Daniel's school was talking about safety and the subject of 911 came up. Daniel came home telling me about it so I decided to do a few roleplay scenarios with him to see if he could determine what a real emergency was. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Ok, Daniel, I will be the 911 operator and you'll call me and tell me that your house is on fire ok?

Daniel: Ok, Mom.

Me: 911, what is your emergency?

Daniel: My house is on fire!!

Me: Oh no! Can you tell me your address?

Daniel: No. I live in a yellow house.

Me: OK can you tell me more about your house?

Daniel: We have a cow mailbox that we call Molly.

Me: Yes, but can you tell me more?

Daniel: Uhm, I live on XXXXXX Road!

(Eureka! He DOES know the street name!)

Me: Ok... good. Hmm... I need to be able to tell the firefighters how to get to your house. What can I tell the firefighters to look for when they get to your Road?

(He narrowed his eyebrows and looked at me like I had lost my mind.)

Daniel: Uhm, tell them to look for the house that's on fire!

>< But of course!!! ROFL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!