Welcome to my world. Come in, sit down, enjoy the view from my perspective. Cup of coffee? Cream & sugar? Please make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes & stay a while. Or, as my Daddy would say, "Pull up a chair, 'cause ya'll ain't gonna believe this!"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sometimes Obsession pays off

01/17/08
I mentioned it in a previous blog that I was looking for a copy of the tooth fairy book I had when I was a kid. Well after an obsessive internet search, I was able to locate a copy.
"The Tooth Fairy" by Anita Feagles has apparently become a much sought-after, but difficult to find book. Since it's no longer in print, every copy I located was at least $40.00.
My mother couldn't have paid more than a couple bucks for the one she bought us... who'd have thought it would be so valuable?
Anyway, I found a lady on Ebay who was willing to let me talk her down in price and she even shipped it via 2-day delivery for free after I told her why I wanted it. Thank goodness for other sympathetic moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!